- Official Name: Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland)
- Official Language: German
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- Area: 137,837 sq. mi
- Population: About 80 million
- Government: Federal parliamentary constitutional republic
- Head of State: Chancellor Angela Merkel
- National Anthem: Das Lied der Deutschen (Song of the Germans – 3rd stanza)
- Location: North central Europe
Find out more about Germany here.
Here are some kid-friendly crafts that are related to Germany and its culture.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – composer
- Boris Becker – tennis player
- Ludwig van Beethoven – composer
- Karl Benz – inventor, engineer, founder of Mercedes-Benz
- Hugo Boss – fashion designer
- Rudolf Diesel – inventor
- Albert Einstein – physicis
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe – author, poet
- Johann Gutenberg – inventor of the printing press
- Heidi Klum – model
- Diane Kruger – actress
- Dirk Nowitzki – NBA player
- Michael Schumacher – Formula One racer
Did you know that German Americans make up the largest ancestry group in the United States? Do you have German ancestry and would like to learn more about it? A great way to do that is to host a German exchange student!
Contact us to find out more about hosting with EF Foundation!
- What we can learn from the Germans (telegraph.co.uk)
- A brief history of Germany (slideshare.net)
- I bid the chords… (poet4justicedotwordpressdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Germany: A Journey in History (healthysummer.wordpress.com)