In the German language, it is common to have words made up of multiple compounds. When I was teaching, my students used to be amused by “the longest German word.” Some of these are made up, simply as an attempt to make an extra long word. However, the “Wort des Jahres” (Word of the Year) in 1999 is a word in actual use, albeit rare.
“beef labeling regulation & delegation of supervision law”
- How To Learn German Language Through Software? (techkow.com)
- Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz (polyglotfun.com)
- Longest German Word Gets Ditched (uniquedaily.com)
- The 8 Stages of Learning German (venturevillage.eu)
- Crazy long words (economist.com)
- Top 10 German Words (toptenz.net)