- Official Name: Ratcha Anachak Thai (ราชอาณาจักรไทย)
- Language: Thai
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Baht
- Area: 198,115 sq. mi
- Population: 66,720,153
- Government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Head(s) of State: King Rama IX; Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra
- National Anthem: Phleng Chat Thai (เพลงชาติไทย)
- Location: Southeast Asia
Find out more about Thailand here.
Here are some kid-friendly crafts that are related to Thailand and its culture.
- Bhumibol Aduljadej: King Rama IX; longest reigning monarch in the world
- Johnny Damon: Major League Baseball player
- Tony Jaa: Muay Thai fighter, stuntman, martial artist
- Paradorn Srichaphan: Tennis player
- Tiger Woods: Professional Golfer
Thailand has been inhabited for thousands of years and is one of the top tourist destinations in Asia. It is known as the “Land of Smiles” for the friendly nature of its people. Consider welcoming a friendly, excited Thai student into your home, so they can learn about and experience our American culture for a year!
Contact us to find out more about hosting with EF Foundation!
- Bangkok (onwingsofadove.wordpress.com)
- ” Thailand “ (changagnes480.wordpress.com)
- Adventure Tourism – Thai Style – Phuket, Thailand (travelpod.com)
- “The kingdom of Thailand lies in the heart of Southeast Neighboring countries” by Sawadee (parivatsivalepitak.wordpress.com)
- Seven Musts in Amazing Thailand Tours (godiscoverabroad.wordpress.com)
- Chaiwattanaram Temple – Ayutthaya (armajflash.com)
- Visiting Thai villages (ireport.cnn.com)