- Official Name: Chinese: 臺灣 or 台灣; pinyin: Táiwān; see below), officially the Republic of
China (ROC; Chinese: 中華民國; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Mínguó. Also known as Chinese Taipei.
- Language: Standard Chinese
- Capital: Taipei
- Currency: New Taiwan Dollar
- Area: 13,974 sq mi
- Population: 23,340,136
- Government: constitutional republic,Three Principles of the People
- Head of State: President Ma Ying-jeou
- National Anthem: Anthem: 中華民國國歌 (National Anthem of the Republic of China)
- Location: Asia; island of the southeastern coast of China)
Learn more about Taiwan here.
Here are some kid friendly activities related to Taiwan and its culture.
- Ang Lee – film director
- Jason Wu – fashion designer
- David Chu – co-founder of Nautica
- Min Kao – co-founder of Garmin
- Steve Chen – co-founder of YouTube
- Stan Shih – co-founder of Acer
- Jerry Yang – co-founder of Yahoo!
- Lucy Liu – actress
- Connie Chung – anchorwoman
- Lisa Ling – journalist
- Jeremy Lin – NBA player
- Michael Chang – Tennis player
To find out even more about Taiwan, consider welcoming a Taiwanese student into your home! For more information about welcoming a student from any of our countries, fill out the form below and someone will get back to you within 24 hours!
- Taking on Taiwan (mraoocat.wordpress.com)
- Life in Taiwan Pt. 1 (jirayteo.wordpress.com)
- I have already fallen in love with Taiwan (lost-in-spice.com)
- The Secret Treasure of Asia (llewellynintaiwan.wordpress.com)
- Little Pieces of Paradise in Taiwan (foreignsanctuary.wordpress.com)
- Taipei, Taiwan – (globehugblog.wordpress.com)
- Taiwan: Taipei (part 1) (nomadically.wordpress.com)