If you have butter on your head, don’t go out into the sun.
- English equivalent: He that hath a head of wax must not walk in the sun.
- Meaning: Know your limitations and weaknesses; Don’t do something that is sure to damage you.
- What factors might speakers consider when choosing which language to speak? (citrawida.wordpress.com)
- From English to Hungarian (voysinel.wordpress.com)
- You Can Take the Hungarian out of Hungary, but not the Hungarian out of the Hungarian (prinehart.wordpress.com)
- Fall 2011 Literature Night (winckles.typepad.com)