International Education Week is being celebrated this year from November 11 through the 22nd. According to the US Department of State, International Education Week is “a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education that provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This annual initiative aims to promote international understanding and build support for international educational exchange by encouraging the development of programs that prepare Americans to live and work in a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study in the United States.”
As a State-Department sponsored foreign exchange organization, EF Foundation for Foreign Study helps brings over 2,000 students a year to the United States from all over the world. We are the leader in high school exchange and international education. This is a great time to think about bringing a student into your family and bringing this initiative to your home and community!
- Study: Record number of foreign students hit US (cnsnews.com)
- U.S. education extends international handshake (eschoolnews.com)
- Internationalizing Education – The Importance of Global Competency (rosettastone.com)
- International Education Week — November 18-22 (gvps.typepad.com)
- A word about IEW (afreenstakeoniew.wordpress.com)