Your safety and well-being are our main concern. Regardless of where you decide to go, we guarantee that dedicated EF staff and representatives will provide you with the best support and service – before, during and after your exchange.
EF Education is the worlds’ largest private educational company. We have schools and offices in over 50 countries, including all our High School Year host countries. With more than 45 years of experience in the field of educational travel and cultural exchange, we are leaders in providing safe and satisfying experiences for our students. During your exchange, you will always have experienced EF staff and representatives to turn to.
Your EF support network
- The EF office in your home country will guide you through the application process and prepare you for your departure. During your exchange abroad your parents will continue to stay in contact with your local EF office.
- The EF office in your host country will provide you with an emergency phone number so that you can receive support whenever you need it, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Local support in your host country is offered through local EF representatives who live nearby and who stay in contact with our students during their exchange.
How do we select local representatives (International Exchange Coordinators) and what are their responsibilities?
All our local representatives (IECs) go through an application process where they are thoroughly screened and interviewed. They receive extensive training in finding and screening host families, matching families with students and giving support.
Local representatives (IECs) have the following responsibilities:
- Screening potential host families and matching students with host families.
- Securing school slots for EF exchange students in the area
- Mentoring and advising exchange students during their stay
- Being available to students in case of emergencies
- Arranging welcome orientation meetings for students upon arrival
- Arranging meetings and when possible local trips and excursions
Emergency phone numbers
You have a toll-free emergency number that operates around the clock. Students can call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our students can always reach us during their stay if there is an emergency, call 1-800-447-4273.